Flours & Meals
|Home » |
Bob's Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal, 32-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal is freshly milled to preserve the natural oils and nutrients. Ground flaxseed has a nutty taste and is a noted health-giving digestive aid. This opaque packaging material preserves the healthful Omega-3 fats which are an essential part of our diets. One serving of flaxseed Meal contains 2400 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids. Certified organic by QAI.
Case of four 32-ounce packages (128 total ounces)
Made from pure organic golden flaxseeds
An excellent source of protein, fiber, and minerals such as magnesium and copper
Adds a robust, nutty flavor to baked goods and cereals
Packaged in Milwaukie, Oregon
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 442 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 442 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
55 of 56 found the following review helpful:
Great tasting flaxseed mealNov 06, 2006
By S. Mc
I have tried 10 different brands of flaxseed meal and can tell you that this is by far the best tasting and has the most consistent quality. There are two types of flaxseeds, brown and golden. Both have the same nutritional value, but golden flaxseed is significantly smoother in taste and not as pungent/bitter aftertaste. I especially like Bob's Red mill for the organic offerings at a minimal price increase. I regularly sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons on my cereal in the morning to give it a nutritional punch of fiber, protein and essential fatty acids. The texture is very fine and almost has no noticeable effect on the cereal, if I went with 1 Tbls, you wouldn't even know it was there. I highly recommend giving Bob's products a try, I am sure you will find it as enjoyable as I have. Always store flaxseed meal refrigerated, opened or not.
51 of 53 found the following review helpful:
Consistently good quality flax mealAug 29, 2006
By Manish Laxmikant
I got the 4-pack some time ago, and I've been adding the flax meal to different foods. The omega-3 oil increase definitely is beneficial especially if you're vegetarian, or if you simply eat a lot.
Some good ways to incorporate this healthy stuff into your diet:
- Soup. Don't cook it into the soup, or you'll break down the Omega-3's - apparently cooking destroys the benefit according to what I read about flaxseed oils. Add it to the soup around when you add cheese or croutons
- Sauces and chutneys. Indian cilantro or mint chutney can hold a lot of flaxseed meal without its taste being affected. Likewise for hot sauces, salsas and so on.
- Waffles. The flaxseed meal becomes a kind of solid fat that enrichens the waffle. I add it to regular, chocolate, or oatmeal flour waffles. Yes, the waffle maker may affect the flaxseed meal directly in contact with the hot plates, but the rest of the fsm is not exposed to as much heat.
- As they suggest, breads of all kinds.
- If you're grilling a cheese sandwich, might as well up the fiber content and get whatever Omega-3's as you can salvage. Stick it in the cheese.
- Believe it or don't it incorporates into nachos and pizzas too. If that's all your kid eats, maybe a flaxseed meal infusion will help (but do fix the food habits, fsm is not a fix-all)
- Try to eat it plain, I tried it, and it's about as disgusting as trying to drink vegetable oil, plus it has fiber
- Add it to stuff that is still cooking. No benefit, the fat changes to regular unhealthy Omega-6 with the high heat from contacting the pan surface
- Overdo adding fsm to stuff. I tried to push the envelope, and if you overdo it, the food tastes slick and even a bit soapy, kind of like it's gone bad.
- Add it to clear liquids or foods. Sounds obvious, but once you feel a benefit (it can take a week or so) you can get carried away. The last thing you want is to be disgusted by it.
21 of 21 found the following review helpful:
More mellow than regular (darker) ground flaxseedNov 06, 2007
By C. Ebeling
I like to toss a couple of tablespoons of ground flaxseed into yeast breads and pizza dough. I think it makes for interesting tweedy texture and imparts a nutty flavor. However, the other person in the house who consumes the baked goods finds regular flaxseed by the same manufacturer to be too assertive and too multi-grainish despite arguments for its healthful advantages. This product is a good compromise: golden flaxseed produces a nice straw colored hue instead of a tweedy look, has the same healthful properties and is more refined in flavor and texture. I store it in the freezer and it lasts indefinitely.
22 of 23 found the following review helpful:
Good Stuff, Great Price!May 22, 2007
By David Eck
I've had trouble finding Bob's Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal locally. I was surprised to find it on amazon.com. I have been using flaxseed meal for over 5 years. It is ground, so you get the full benefit of the omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. It isn't well known that flax seeds are not digestible unless the seed is ground. While you could do this with your teeth, good luck chewing dozens and dozens of flax seeds mixed with cereal or in baked goods. The meal is the way to go.
This product is at least 60% cheaper by weight than the Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal I was buying at a health food store. While four 32 oz. packages seems like a lot, you can freeze what you won't use right away. Or share it with friends. At this price, this is easy to do.
12 of 12 found the following review helpful:
Great product!Aug 12, 2009
By M. Brandt
I had never had the organic version of Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal, but my husband ordered it online because it was a great price. When I got it, I tried it and loved it. It is even better than the non-organic version. Everything I've tried with it has come out delicious. And it's got a lot of Omega 3, more than my fish oil. I tried the muffin recipe in the back and it's sooo good. Even my daughter, who is very picky, loved it. Now my husband and my daughter want me to make the muffins as soon as we're getting close to running out.
I will definitely order this product again!
See all 442 customer reviews on Amazon.com